King's celebrates 10 Gold Medal Award winners
July 26, 2018
Written by Victoria Almeida, Communications Summer Work Study Student
King’s is proud of the hard work and dedication that has been displayed by our 2018 King’s Gold Medal Award winners. The King’s Gold Medal Awards were awarded to new graduates on June 12, 2018 at Spring Convocation. Gold Medal Awards are given to the graduate who has the highest average in their module, an average of 80% or greater in fourth year (based on a 5.0 course load), and a cumulative average within the top 10% of students graduating from their module. A common thread that tied together many of the recipients of the 2018 King’s Gold Medal Awards was the overwhelming support of King’s faculty and staff that helped these students feel supported throughout their journey at King’s.
The Gold Medal Award Winners for 2018 are:
- Andrew MacNeil ‘18 was the BMOS Honors Gold Medal Award winner. Andrew is currently working for a financial firm in Guelph, and is interested in learning more about the financial sector.
- Felipe King ‘18 was the BMOS Gold Medal Award winner. Felipe will be starting his Master of Science in Management at Ivey Business School in the fall.
- Sandra Howe ‘18 was the Bachelor of Social Work Gold Medal Award winner. Sandra will be attending graduate school for further studies in the Social Work field.
- Violette Khammad ‘18 was the Bachelor of Arts Honors – Social Science Gold Medal Award winner. Violette will be attending the Balsillie School of International Affairs at the University of Waterloo in the fall.
- Danielle Rivest ‘18 was the Bachelor of Arts Honors – Humanities Gold Medal Award winner. Danielle will be attending the Faculty of Education-Althouse, Western University, to begin her Bachelor of Education in the fall.
- Lauren Natalie Garrison ‘18 was the Bachelor of Arts Honors – Interdisciplinary Studies Gold Medal Award winner. Natalie will be going to college for a post-graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language in the fall.
- Christina Donati ‘18 was the 4 Year Bachelor of Arts – Social Science Gold Medal Award winner. Christina will be attending Western University in the fall to begin the Masters of Media in Journalism and Communication program.
- Catherine Fazio ‘18 was the 3 Year Bachelor of Arts – Social Science Gold Medal Award winner. Catherine will be attending Fanshawe College in the fall to complete a post-grad business program.
- Braeden MacKay ‘18 was the 3 Year Bachelor of Arts – Humanities Gold Medal Award winner. Braeden plans to continue his studies in the Master’s of Divinity program at St. Peter’s Seminary in the fall.
- Denise Cooke ‘18 was the 3 Year Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies Gold Medal Award winner. Denise is currently working as a Research Assistant for the London Poverty Research Centre at King’s.
Each of our outstanding Gold Medal Award winners are being featured on the King’s Instagram page, and can be found at instagram.com/kingsatwestern. Congratulations to all the Gold Medal Award recipients and we wish them all the best in their future employment and academic pursuits!