ACSD to offer services by telephone
March 24, 2020
Beginning March 25, Accessibility, Counselling and Student Development (ACSD) will be offering services by telephone.
If you would like a personal counsellor, accessibility counsellor, career counsellor, learning skills strategist or an assistive technologist to contact you by phone please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an appointment request to request a telephone check-in appointment. This check in can be useful for things such as:
- coping with stress and change
- self-care and wellness
- your accessibility needs
- adjusting to online learning
- connecting to web and phone resources that meet your individual needs
- career counselling
If a high request volume is experienced, ACSD will reply as quickly as possible but strongly recommend students call Good2Talk 1-866-925-5454 or ReachOut 1-866-933-2023 if you have a time sensitive concern.
For your wellness, here are a few resources that many students find helpful:
- An anonymous community where members can support each other
- Access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Trained professionals available 24/7 to keep the community safe
- Self-assessments & recommended resources
- Creative tools to help express how you’re feeling
- Wide range of self-guided courses to do at your own pace
- a 60-second meditation to help you clear your mind
- mindyourmind exists in the space where mental health, wellness, engagement and technology meet. Interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience.