Library Mission, Vision, Motto and Guiding Principles
To provide resources and services which enrich the student experience and enhance the teaching, learning, and scholarly activity in the King’s University College community.
To support scholarship, intellectual growth and critical inquiry, and to promote a continuing love of learning in a welcoming space where people choose to gather.
"Experience the Heart of King's"
- The Cardinal Carter Library upholds the professional values of intellectual freedom, intellectual property rights and values, user privacy and confidentiality.
- Under the leadership of the Director of Libraries and the Vice-Principal and Academic Dean, users of the Cardinal Carter Library will be assured of a welcoming environment with consistent day-to-day responsiveness and support for services required to meet their various needs.
- Users will receive quality service as a result of skilled and engaged library staff who work efficiently and effectively, continuously improving service based on user feedback.
- Users will engage in effective independent research as a result of improved information literacy competencies, acquired through a variety of relevant and accessible instructional activities designed and disseminated by professional library staff.
- The Cardinal Carter Library is committed to providing and delivering access to the print, media and electronic collections in support of the academic mission.
- Users will benefit from capital and internal projects designed to provide an intuitive arrangement, both physical and virtual, in an aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Faculty will have a clear understanding and appreciation of the important role the library plays in the teaching, learning and scholarly process.
- Users will benefit from the collaborative and cost sharing services offered by the Cardinal Carter Library, in conjunction with Western Libraries, the affiliated university colleges and St. Peter's Seminary.