Peer Guide Position
King’s International Peer Guide Position, 2022 - 2023
Designed to assist international and exchange students new to King’s with adjustment to university life and Canadian culture.
Peer guides commit to spending one to two hours per week throughout the fall term and stay in touch during the winter term. There is also an opportunity to sign up for more peers during the second semester.
Approximately 4 days (see below for details). Peer Guides must attend training dates.
Team meetings: once a month from September – November (virtually or in-person depending on provincial regulations)
- Act as a guide to 2 – 5 new international and exchange students and assist in their adjustment to King’s University College and Canadian culture
- Attend and volunteer with King’s International events throughout the year
- Maintain regular weekly contact with peers in person or via email, text, or social media
- Organize bi-weekly events with peers on an individual basis or as a group
- Attend mandatory training and peer guide meetings
- Submit peer guide reports on a monthly basis.
We are looking for responsible individuals who can demonstrate the following:
- Cross-cultural competency, understanding, and sensitivity
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and interpersonal relations
- Initiative, enthusiasm and dependability
- A chance to develop your cross-cultural skills and understanding
- Opportunity to form international connections and diverse friendship networks
- A new global perspective through cross-cultural exchange
- Invited to all King’s International programming events including holiday celebrations and out of town excursions
- Recognition through the Co-Curricular Record and the Global and Intercultural Engagement Honour
- Letter of recommendation available upon request
Peer Guides must be able to attend training sessions.
- Peer Guide Spring Training: Friday, March 25th, 2022 from 2 - 4 pm via zoom
- Student Leader Training: TBD
- Peer Guide Team Bonding Session: Friday, September 16th, 2022 from 2 – 4 pm
- Peer Guide Team Meetings: 2 - 3 pm on September 23rd, October 14th, and November 18th
Due to the covid19 pandemic, training will occur in a blended version. Any in-person events are subject to change depending on provincial regulations
How to Apply:
Deadline to Apply: Friday, March 25th, 2022