Other Community Connections
Step Into Christmas
In December the King’s community is invited to fill a shoe box with new socks, hats, mitts, toiletries, and treats that will be distributed from the hospitality centre to those in need. Shoe boxes can be dropped off by the first week of December in The Chapel at Windermere on the Mount, at the side altar under the statue of Mary. If on campus, Giving trees have been placed in the SLC and Wemple foyer. These trees are adorned with paper ornaments naming an item for the shoe boxes. Take an ornament home, purchase the item listed and return the item to the boxes under the tree.
For more information, please contact Annette Donovan Panchaud at email@example.com.
Christmas Wrapping Party
Before the second Saturday of December there will be a special Christmas wrapping party when all the shoe boxes collected will be prepared and wrapped for distribution! Details are COVID dependent. If you would like to participate in this festive gathering, please contact Annette Donovan Panchaud at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Advent, our community collects diapers, clothing, sleepers and other items needed for the care of infants. These items are given to the London Crisis Pregnancy Centre to assist families who struggle with the financial obligations of raising children. For more information please contact Annette at email@example.com.
Other London Community Opportunities
L’Arche provides many opportunities to connect with others. With their doors closed for so long they are eager to reach out to those who are feeling a loss of connection.
To participate in any of the events or opportunities listed below, or receive a zoom link please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Green Team
Volunteers spend one hour per week (May – October) helping clean up and maintain our gardens in our 3 residential homes for people with disabilities and our Gathering Place property in Lambeth on Saturday mornings from 10:00-11:00am at one of our 4 locations.
Every Wednesday evening from 7:00-9:00pm is Open Mic - an event that invites all people to participate. Come to socialize, sing a song and enjoy the company of others! All by Zoom!
Every Tuesday at 11:00am L'Arche London gathers on Zoom for worship and reflection with people all around London. We are looking for students who would like to help plan our worships using special topics (for example, friendship, trust in God, welcoming others, etc...). Students are not responsible to lead the worship themselves, only help in the planning. Use our template to help guide you in the creative process. Everyone is welcome to attend our Worship sessions.
L'Arche Art Classes
Every week the Art Educator leads 3 art classes on Zoom, introducing different ideas and techniques in visual art, clay art and paper art. All classes can be found on our Facebook page (L'Arche London Facebook). All material needed is listed on Facebook every week. Tap into your creative side and join us from the comfort of your own home!
- L’Arche is also looking for help to plan our weekly art lessons. If you are interested in sharing some ideas you have, you can use our art lesson template to create a lesson or two for us.
- This is an exciting new project to help connect people outside our community and build bridges and spaces to connect in a safe environment. We are starting a pilot project to connect people with and without disabilities outside of the L’Arche Community.
- Our dream is to...
- Have a volunteer share their talents, hobbies, or passions within a small group. This could be anything from collecting stamps, poetry reading, movie discussions, knitting, OR Line Dancing!!!
- The volunteers involved will be a participant as well as a guide.
- There will be one person from L’Arche who will attend each meeting to support our volunteers.
- We would like to invite 6-8 people for a 6-week trial period.
- Our time together could be days or evenings depending on availability.
- We would meet on Zoom.