Dr. Cathy Chovaz
Phone: Email Only
E-mail: email@example.comWebsite: http://www.deafkidspsych.com
Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, The University of Western Ontario
M.A., Clinical Psychology, The University of Western Ontario
B.Sc.N., Nursing, The University of Western Ontario
Research and Scholarly Interests
- Mental Health Functioning of Deaf and Hard of Hearing School-Aged Children in Ontario
- Deaf Children and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- American Sign Language Interpreters and Mental Health Settings
Frequently Taught Courses
- Child Psychopathology (3364F/G)
- Abnormal Psychopathology (3311)
- Clinical Practicum (4692F/G)
- Introduction to Clinical Skills (2301A/B)
- Mental Health and Deafness
- Du Feu, M. & Chovaz, C. (2014). Mental health and deafness. NW: Oxford University Press.
- Chovaz, C.J. (2013). Intersectionality: Mental Health Interpreters and Clinicians or Finding the “sweet spot” in therapy. International Journal on Mental Health and Deafness; 3(1).
- Chovaz. C., (2013) . Report of a Deaf Child with Tourette's Disorder. The Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education 2; Mar 26.doi: 10.1093/deafed/ent014
- Chovaz, C.J., Anderson, M. & Goldstein, G.M. (2011). Autism Spectrum Disorder: A resource for parents, teachers and clinicians working with D/deaf and hard of hearing children with ASD. London, ON: Kings University College at UWO.
- Chovaz, C.J. (2011). The Differences in Our Similarities. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education 2011; doi: 10.1093/deafed/enr002.
- Murray, J.B., Klinger, L., Chovaz McKinnon, C. (2007). The Deaf: An exploration of their participation in community life. Occupational Therapy Journal of Research, 27.
- Chovaz, C., Moran, G. & Pederson, D. (2004). Attachment representations of deaf adults. The Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 9(4).
- Chovaz, C. (2001). Deafness is not a disease. The Health Journal, 5(4), 34.