Hundreds of eager and excited first year students (and new to King’s students) are about to make King’s their new home! The Bridging Program for International students begins August 27, followed by Orientation Week September 2-8, 2019. O-Week will include some traditional favourites and a number of new academic initiatives.
You need an O-Pass to gain access to all the events going on during Orientation Week. You can pay the $118 O-Pass fee through Student Finance at King’s. All new students to King’s are eligible to participate in O-Week.
A full, detailed schedule for 2019 is in the planning stages and will be released as soon as it is available. In the meantime, here is an overview of O-Week.
Monday, September 2
Residence Move in Day (morning)
Off-Campus Students Gathering (afternoon)
- O-Pass Pick Up
- King’s Opening Ceremonies
- Parent’s Information Session
- Football Game
- A “neighbourhood” event with our Western residence neighbours
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
Activities at King’s
“Can I Kiss You?” Sexual Consent Awareness session
Western Opening Ceremonies
- Come with us to Western to meet the rest of the incoming 6000 first-years all across the Western Campuses. Show your school pride in a giant cheer off!
Other evening events to follow.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
ACADEMIC DAY at King’s
- Faculty Information Sessions. Academic day is a great way to prepare you for your first day of school. Come meet professors, sit in on mini-lectures, and learn about the different resources available to help you succeed.
- Academic Dean’s Address
- Faculty Lunch
- Sophs share their best academic tips
Evening events at Western and King’s
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
Affilifest! An awesome night where the three affiliates, Huron, Brescia and King’s, get together and have a blast. Hosted by Brescia University College.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6
Day 2 of Classes
- Events At King’s During The Day
- Evening Events at Western and King’s
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
- Free breakfast!
- Every student across Western heads out to a different volunteer opportunity in the city. This means we get to give back, while also learning about everything that London has to offer!
- Evening events at Western and King’s
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
10 a.m. and 5 pm Mass - Windermere on the Mount.
King’s Closing Ceremonies - pictures and videos from O-Week. There’s no better way to finish off your first week at King’s.
Questions? Please contact the Residence Office.