Showing students how much King's cares #fromkingswithlove
March 11, 2019
The King’s community will be holding Student Appreciation and Wellness Week from March 11-15. There will be many events to not only show appreciation to King’s students, but to focus on their mental and physical wellness.
“This is our chance to show our students how much we value them and show our support for them as we head towards the end of our academic year,” says Joe Henry, Dean of Students.
There are a number of initiatives that will be going on throughout the week:
- There will be 15 per cent off all items at the King’s Connection.
- On Monday March 11, there will be a Colouring Table, with wellness tips in the King Student Life Centre, from 2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Throughout the week, Thames Market and Café ’54 will be offering various specials on food and beverages. (Please check the website for more details.)
- There will be free popcorn in the Student Life Centre on Wednesday, March 13, from 1-3 p.m. and free coffee and treats on March 14, from 1-3 p.m.
- There will be free parking at various locations across campus throughout the week. (Please check the website for more details.)
Student Wellness will be hosting a sleep awareness event entitled “You Snooze, You Win” on March 13 and March 14, from 1-3 p.m. by the fireplace in the Student Life Centre.
Students will also be able to fill out a ballot to win prizes that include a variety of gift cards and King’s wear. The draw will take place on Tuesday March 19. Ballots will be available at the Academic Dean’s Office, Registrar’s Office, Dean of Student’s Office, Kings Campus Ministry, Residence Office, International Office, Student Finance, Student Wellness Office, Central Services, King’s Connection, the Cardinal Carter Library and the STARS Learning Lab.
There will also be several surprise events that will be communicated as they draw closer. Follow the #fromkingswithlove on social media for special announcements!
For more information about Student Appreciation and Wellness Week, please visit: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/about-kings/visitor-info/calendar-of-events/student-appreciation-and-wellness-week/