King's mourns passing of student
September 12, 2020
The King’s community is mourning the death of Yafet Haddish, 21, on September 8. 2020. Yafet was a fourth-year student and he was well known to many members of the King’s community. He was the loving son of Tsehay Hagos and Haddish Gebrehiwet and cherished brother of Dina Haddish. Yafet will be greatly missed by many friends and family members.
Dr. David C. Malloy, King’s Principal, has asked that we all remember Yafet and his family in our prayers. The flags at King’s will be lowered in his memory.
A private family service was held.
His obituary can be found here.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to support funeral and peripheral costs associated with his passing. All proceeds will be given directly to his family directly.
Counselling services are available to the King's community:
- CMHA After Hours Support is available from 5pm-9pm at Western University Community Centre (UCC) Room 11.
- Students can use our after-hours resources link.
- Students can make an appointment to meet with Personal Counselling, or call 519-433-3491, extension 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students can also access Good2Talk at 1-866-925-5454 or Reach Out at 519-433-2023.
- A full list of mental health and wellness resources can be found on our website.
- Faculty and staff who would like to speak with a counsellor may contact King's Employee Assistance Program service provider, FSEAP, at 1-877-433-0701.