Board of Directors appoints new Chair and Vice-Chair
June 28, 2021
The King’s University College Board of Directors has appointed a new Chair and Vice Chair, effective July 1, 2021.
Kapil Lakhotia, BA ’02 (Economics) assumes the role of the new Chair of the Board and Dr. Nonie Brennan, BA ’84 (English) assumes the role of Vice-Chair. Both have been appointed for two-year terms. Lakhotia succeeds Rev. Mark Sargent, BA '83 (Philosophy) in the role of Chair while Brennan succeeds Lakhotia as Vice-Chair.
Lakhotia is the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the London Economic Development Corporation. He has an Honours degree in Economics from King’s and a Masters of Economics from the University of Waterloo. Lakhotia has over two decades of educational, professional, and voluntary experience, and he also taught economics at King’s (2005-2010).
Dr. Brennan currently serves as Senior Advisor and Collaborating Faculty at the Institute of Global Homelessness. She attended high school in London and completed her BA in English at King’s in 1984. While working in the field of homelessness, Dr. Brennan earned her MA in Public Service from DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois and her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She also received an honourary degree from Western University at the Autumn 2017 Convocation.
The Board of Directors also welcomes eight new Directors:
- Aaron Atcheson (Partner, Miller Thomson LLP)
- Tara Santagapita (Director of Corporate Services, Western Fair District)
- Ken Deane (Supervisor of Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region)
- Dr. Vince MacDonald, (Retired Director of Education, Huron Perth Catholic District School Board)
- Rev. Gary Ducharme BA '79 (Philosophy), MDiv '82 (Theology), (Spiritual Director, St. Peter’s Seminary)
- Dr. Andrea Lawlor, (Associate Professor, King’s department of Political Science)
- Julia Eastabrook BA '07 (Political Science and Social Justice & Peace Studies), (Academic Information Assistant, King’s Academic Dean’s Office)
- Holly Clarke (KUCSC President)
The Board of Directors would like to thank the following retiring Directors for their service to King’s:
- Rev. Mark Sargent, BA ’83 (Philosophy)
- Dr. Kelly Regan
- Dr. Robert Ventresca
- Dr. Gyongyi Hegedus
- Andrea Jolliffe, BA '85 (Sociology)
- Peter Wilkinson, BA '79 (History)
- Glenn Hardman
- Linda Staudt
The King’s University College Board of Directors has come to the decision that, effective June 10, 2021, Dr. David Malloy’s title is President of King’s University College. Dr. Gillian Balfour’s title is Vice-President and Academic Dean. Marilyn Mason’s title is Vice-President, Enrolment Services and Strategic Partnerships. Jeff Major's title is Vice-President, Finance and Support Services. The decision was made in order to remain consistent with our colleagues at Huron University College, Brescia University College and Western University.