The King’s Scholar program is an extra designation acknowledging academic excellence.
- Students take the King’s Scholar alongside their Honors program.
- The King’s Scholar consists of two full credits over two or three years: one full- and two half courses in Western Thought and Civilization.
- Students in the program create their own Independent Research Projects every year.
- Seminars, experiential learning field trips, and public speaking instruction are key features of the program.
- To merit the designation of King’s Scholar on their transcripts, students must meet an 80% progression requirement.
To apply for the program, students much select BOTH “King’s Scholar” AND their Honors degree program on their Intent to Register form.