West African Senior School Certificate
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly.
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the West African Senior School Certificate must submit the following:
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination results (WASSCE) offered by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) issued via a Confirmation of Results indicating all subjects taken and grades earned issued directly to Western from the WAEC. Certificates must be official. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western.
Notarized copies are not acceptable unless accompanied by a Scratch Card or Scratch Card information so Western can verify your results online through WAECDIRECT. Scratch Cards may be purchased at the National Office of WAEC and at WAEC branches. To use WAECDIRECT to verify information, Western requires a copy of your WASSCE results, Card Serial Number found on the back of the Scratch Card, and the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the Scratch Card.
- Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year results and an academic record to date must be submitted directly to Western from the institution(s) attended.
- Proof of English language proficiency. Test results must be issued directly to Western from the Examining Board. Western's institution code is 0984. Please review King's English language proficiency requirements. Scanned copies of English language proficiency test results may be submitted directly to King's via email in order to quicken the admission assessment process.