Library & Covid-19 Updates
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NO CONTACT PICK UP
For any questions regarding no contact pick-up, please contact email@example.com.
No Contact Pick Up is available from Noon – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
1. REQUEST Search for item(s) in OMNI. Click “Request” and select King’s Library as the pickup location.
2. AWAIT EMAIL You will receive an email when they are ready for pick up. Please do not travel to campus before receiving this email notification.
3. VISIT CAMPUS Wear a mask, and stay 2M (6ft) apart from others.
4. AT THE LIBRARY Call 519-518-0193 when you arrive at the door and provide your name and University ID number. Your item(s) will be checked out and set on the table in front of the library for you to collect.
As of August 31, 2020, portions of the first floor of the King’s library are open to the public. Please see our Hours page for more information.
The library is set up for express services to be accessed in a safe and socially distant way. Users will have access to:
- Hold shelf items for checkout using the self checkout machine
- Express printing and scanning. We will only accept cashless, no-contact payment options for printing at this time (credit, debit).
- Our helpful staff at the library service desk.
Study space on the first floor, including tables, lounges and study rooms are not accessible. The stacks and study space on the second floor cannot be accessed by the public at this time. Shared equipment such as computer and phone chargers will not be available. These measures are temporary and will be lifted when it is safe to do so.
We ask that visits to the library be time limited so that all have equal access to our express services. Please wear a mask, sanitize your hands before entering, and respect social distancing while in the library.
As of August 31, 2020 you can request items from the King’s stacks or other open libraries in the Western system to be sent to King’s. Our new express book pick-up area is located under the stairs on the first floor.
Place your hold online using Omni, and you will receive an email when your items are ready. When you arrive at the library, you will find your items arranged alphabetically by last name, and can check them out on the self check machine using your Western One Card. Please be advised that due to transit and material quarantine time, requests could take up to 7 days to be processed and ready for you on the shelf.
We have worked to adapt our services so we can provide users with various online support options. We are well positioned to adapt our services to online supports that do not require users to visit campus. In particular, we have a rich online collection of databases, e-books, e-journals and other e-materials that can support your teaching, learning, and research. Collections and supports are all available through the King’s Library website.
We can support online courses provided through OWL in a number of ways.
- If you have any copyright related questions connected to your course content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Readings: If faculty would like additional or new electronic course readings added to an online course through Ares, please contact email@example.com
- Alternative Format: If faculty or students require access to course readings currently only available in print, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the availability of an alternative format
What if I get a notice to return an item?
Automatic notices have been turned off, however it is still possible you may have received a notice. You are not required to return items at this time.
Where can I return materials?
It is not necessary for you to return materials to campus at this time. If you do come to the King’s campus to return materials, the exterior book drop will be open.
What about library fines?
We do not charge fines on general material. We will waive any fines on other material when it is able to be returned. It is not necessary for you to return materials to campus at this time.
Contact email@example.com for questions regarding library services.
For questions about King’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, visit https://www.kings.uwo.ca/covid-19/