Closure Support Info
As of March 16 at 5pm, King’s campus, including the library, was closed to the public. We have no confirmed date to reopen as of right now. We will continue to update our information as we receive direction.
We are working to adapt our services so we can provide users with various online support options. We are well positioned to adapt our services to online supports that do not require users to visit campus. In particular, we have a rich online collection of databases, e-books, e-journals and other e-materials that can support your teaching, learning, and research. Collections and supports are all available through the King’s Library website.
We can support online courses provided through OWL in a number of ways. If you have any copyright related questions connected to your online course content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Readings: If faculty would like additional or new electronic course readings added to an online course through Ares, please contact email@example.com
If faculty or students require access to course readings currently only available in print, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the availability of an alternative format
- Research Help: Research Help is available for students and faculty through Ask Chat or email. Please email email@example.com or check this list to get in touch directly with you Subject Librarian
All library facilities are closed to the public and the following services are not available:
- All library services provided in-library, including physical collections access, access to library technology including printing, access to library learning spaces
Print Collections Access
- At this time, we are not able to provide access to print materials, including interlibrary loan. We can investigate the availability of an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the citation.
- All currently registered students, faculty and staff continue to have access to online collections via the King’s Library website. Access may require you to log-in with your Western credentials, i.e. your Western email account username and password.
What if I get a notice to return an item?
Automatic notices have been turned off, however it is still possible you may have received a notice. You are not required to return items at this time.
Where can I return materials?
It is not necessary for you to return materials to campus at this time. If you do come to the King’s campus to return materials, the exterior book drop will be open.
What about library fines?
We do not charge fines on general material. We will waive any fines on other material when it is able to be returned. It is not necessary for you to return materials to campus at this time.
Contact email@example.com for questions regarding library services.
For questions about King’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, visit https://www.kings.uwo.ca/covid-19/