ROAMS - QuickStart Guide (Windows)
This guide will walk you through the steps to connect to your King's computer from home. If you have not yet done so, please follow the setup guide here:
ROAMS - Configuration and Setup (Windows)
Part One: Using ROAMS to create a VPN connection to King's.
(Click for Part Two - Remote Desktop)
1. On your home computer click the Windows/Start button and type Pulse. Click the Pulse Secure icon to start the program.
2. When Pulse Secure opens, click Connect on the VPN connection you previously set up.
Part Two: Using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your King's computer
3. Once connected to ROAMS through Pulse Secure, click the Windows/Start button and type Remote Desktop. Click the Remote Desktop Connection icon to start the program.
4. Type your King's computer name or IP Address. If you do not know your computer name or IP address, contact the ITS department. If you are a faculty member, your King's computer name will be in the format of myUsername.kc.uwo.ca. If you are a staff member, your King's computer name will most likely be in the format of myUsername.kings.kucits.ca.
If one does not work, try the other.
5. Click Connect.
If you use myUsername.kings.kucits.ca, make sure to put kings\ in front of your username when you log in, like this: kings\username
6. Once connected, you will be working remotely on your King's computer, with access to your email and files. At the end of your session either log out or click the "X" that appears when you move your mouse to the very top of your screen.
7. Once you have disconnected from your King's computer, you will need to disconnect from the VPN, ROAMS. This is done in Pulse Secure. Open Pulse Secure and click Disconnect.