Access the Remote Application Server from MacOS
*Important Note* This is a tutorial on how to download and configure Microsoft Remote Desktop, an alternative to Remote Desktop Connection.
- From the Dock/Taskbar, Click on the App Store icon
- Go to your Dock/Taskbar and click on the Launchpad Icon (Icon looks like a spaceship).
- Once you have opened Launchpad, click on the App Store icon to launch the program
- In the Search bar located at the top right of the App Store, type in RDP and press enter
- Locate and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop client by clicking GET, and then INSTALL APP
- Once you have installed the Microsoft Remote Desktop client, go to your Dock/Taskbar and click on the Launchpad Icon (Icon looks like a spaceship).
- Locate Microsoft Desktop Connect icon and double click to launch the program.
- Once the Microsoft Desktop Connection application has been launched, you will want to add your UWO information. You can do this by clicking on New “+” button.
- Click on the General tab
- Under Connection name, type: Scotty. Under PC name, type: scotty.kc.uwo.ca
- Leave the Gateway tab as is, do not change anything.
- Under User name, type: Your UWO email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Under Password, type: Your UWO password
- Leave everything in this section as is, change settings at your own discretion
- Once you have completed filling in all your information, Exit this window.
- To start the Remote Desktop Session, under My Desktops, double click on the new connection which you have just added named Scotty
- Click Continue when the Verification Certificate pops up
Congratulations, you have successfully connected to Scotty.kc.uwo.ca