Your browser does not support Javascript

Higher School Certificate

  • If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
  • If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly.
  • Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.  If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.

Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited.  Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.

To be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the Higher School Certificate you must submit the following:

    1. Higher School Certificate (HSC) examination results indicating all exams taken and grades earned sent directly to Western from the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council.   Certificates must be official. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counsellor. Notarized copies are not acceptable.

      Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term or predicted results while in progress in the Advanced Level courses.  Predicted results and final O-Level results must be submitted directly to Western from the institutions attended.

      • Predicted GCE Grades Form
        This online form must be completed by either a Counsellor or Principal from the applicant’s school.  Results submitted by an applicant will not be accepted.

      If you are unsure whether you are required to complete this form, please refer to either the “To Do List” in your Student Center or the required documents section of your acknowledgement letter.  

    2. Cambridge School Certificate/General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) O-level results.  Certificates must be official. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western. Notarized copies are not acceptable.