U.S. System of Education
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Applicants following an American stream of education in an International School with one of the following accreditations will be reviewed under the guidelines for U.S. applicants:
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
To be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the U.S. Graduation Diploma you must submit the following:
- Academic transcript including graduation status indicating all subjects taken and grades earned sent directly to Western from the institution attended. Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year results and an academic record to date must be submitted directly to Western from the institution(s) attended. Admission will be considered based on a minimum of 4.0 full senior academic courses.
- SAT Reasoning Test results submitted directly to Western by the College Board. Western institution number is 0984. A minimum SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 1100 is required for admission consideration. Or, ACT Test results submitted directly to Western by ACT Institutional Services. Western institution number is 4837. A minimum ACT composite score of 24 is required for admissions consideration
- Advanced Placement external exam results are eligible for advanced standing. Results must be submitted directly to Western by the College Board. Western institution number is 0984. Further information on Advanced Placement credits is also available.