Higher School Certificate
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly.
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the Higher School Certificate must submit the following:
- Higher School Certificate indicating all exams taken and grades earned sent directly to Western from the Ministry of Education. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counselor. Notarized copies are not acceptable. If your documents are issued in a language other than English, you must also provide notarized literal English translations. Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year results and an academic record to date must be submitted directly to Western from the institution(s) attended.
- Secondary School Certificate (Grade 10 Examinations) must also be provided as an academic record. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, counselor or the appropriate Examination Board. Notarized copies are not acceptable.