General Secondary Education/Leaving Certificate
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly.
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to King's University College on the basis of the General Secondary Education Certificate must submit the following:
- General Secondary Education Certificate examination results completed after 12 years of secondary school indicating all subjects taken and grades earned issued in English and submitted directly to Western by the Ministry of Education. Certificates must be official. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western. Notarized copies are not acceptable.Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year results and an academic record to date must be submitted directly to Western from the institution(s) attended. Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the General Secondary Education Certificate completed prior to 2011 must submit the following to be eligible for admission consideration: Academic transcript for first year of university indicating all subjects taken and grades earned to be sent directly to Western from the institutions attended. If your documents are issued in a language other than English, you must also provide notarized literal English translations.
- Proof of English language proficiency. Test results must be issued directly to Western from the Examining Board. Western's institution code is 0984. Please review King's English language proficiency requirements. Scanned copies of English language proficiency test results may be submitted directly to King's via email in order to quicken the admission assessment process.