Senior Secondary Matriculation
- If you are studying the British Columbia curriculum at a Maple Leaf school in China you must have four grade 12 academic courses including English 12 which meet our minimum admissions average. For English Proficiency requirements to be waived you must achieve a minimum mark of 60% in your English 12 class and pass your provincial exam.
- If you are studying a Canadian curriculum at a non-Maple Leaf school, please click here for out of province requirements.
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly.
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
To be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of Chinese Senior Secondary School results you must submit the following:
- Academic transcript of Senior Secondary indicating all subjects taken and grades earned issued by the institution attended and submitted directly to Western by the issuing institution or the CDGDC.Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year Senior Three results and an academic record including Senior One and Senior Two results must be submitted directly to Western from the institution(s) attended.
- Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma issued as a legible photocopy certified by the school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western by the institution.
- General Education Examination results (Graduation Exams/ Hui Kao/Xuéyé Shuiping Cèshi/Academic Proficiency Test) certified by the school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western by the institution. For provinces that do not administer or are exempt from taking the general education examinations, a letter from your Senior Secondary verifying the schools and/or provinces examination policy is required.
- Chinese University Entrance Examination (NCEE / Gao Kao) results certified by the school principal, head, or counselor and submitted directly to Western by the institution."
-Note: For schools unable to submit academic transcripts and general education examination results in English, notarized translations are required.
- Proof of English language proficiency. Test results must be issued directly to Western from the Examining Board. Western's institution code is 0984. Please review King's English language proficiency requirements. Scanned copies of English language proficiency test results may be submitted directly to King's via email in order to quicken the admission assessment process.