Senior Matriculation Certificate
- If your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of your country and is following the national curriculum please follow the requirements listed for your country below.
- If your school follows a curriculum accredited by a country other than that in which you are studying, please select that country from the previous page and refer to the required documents and guidelines for that specific country accordingly
- Applicants must disclose post-secondary attendance on the application form and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If you have attended a post-secondary institution, please review the Transfer guidelines for admission.
Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Possession of the minimum requirements as listed here should not be viewed as a guarantee of admission.
Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to Western University on the basis of the Senior Matriculation Certificate qualifying for entrance to university must submit the following:
- External examination results for senior secondary school leaving certificate indicating all subjects taken and grades earned. The year 12 certificate should be sent directly to Western by the appropriate state department of education.
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT) –Tertiary Entrance Statement plus Year 12 Certificate/UAI
- New South Wales (NSW) – Higher School Certificate (HSC) plus Tertiary Entrance (TE) Rank / UAI
- Northern Territory (NT) – Certificate of Education (NTCE) / NT Year 12
- Queensland (QLD) – Senior Certificate (replaced by the Queensland Senior Certificate of Education in 2008) plus TE Statement
- South Australia (SA) – Year 12 Certificate of Education SACE plus TE Rank
- Tasmania (TAS) – Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE) plus TE Score / Rank
- Victoria (VIC) – Certificate of Education (VCE) plus TE Rank / Score
- Western Australia (WA) – Certificate of Education (WACE) plus TE Score/Rank
Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of mid-year/mid-term results. Mid-year results and an academic record to date must be submitted directly to Western from the institutions attended.