Quick Start Program
Quick Start is a fast-track, residential, 6 week (July 12 - August 23) English language program offered during the summer at King's. Click here for the application.
The Quick Start Program is intended for students who have just missed the minimum ESL requirements to be admitted directly to King's for degree studies in September.
In partnership with CultureWorks ESL, King's will conditionally admit students to study in this intensive ESL program if one of the following test results are be met:
- IELTS: (minimum score of 6.0, with no section less than 5.5)
- TOEFL (minimum score of 65, Reading and Listening not below 12, Speaking and Writing not below 16)
- CAEL (minimum 50 in all sections)
- PTE Academic (minimum overall score of 54, with no section less than 54)
- BC Maple Leaf (satisfactory English 12 grade with passing Provincial exam).
- Applicants must be academically eligible.
- Begins July 12th
- Intensive 6 week English studies and 1 week bridging (extra cost of $535.00)
- Start University September 6
- Cost: tuition + books + residence & food = $7,250.00 CAD
*For any student that has applied through OUAC, the Quick Start application fee will be waived. If you are currently attending an Ontario High School, you MUST apply through OUAC in addition to the Quick Start Program application.
Cost: tuition + books + residence & food = $7,250.00 CAD
Where can I learn more about my housing options at King's?
Please visit King’s Housing website.
We are happy to help students select the program that is right for them and to guide them through the application process.
Please contact us with any questions.
Phone: (519) 433-3491, extension 4999