- Where can I pick up my gown and hood?
- Your gown and hood must be ordered online through the King’s Convocation website. Upon arrival at King’s the morning of the ceremony, please make your way to the Kenny Theatre in the Darryl J. King Student Life Centre to pick up your regalia starting at 9:00 a.m. If you do not order your gown and hood in advance of June 4th, you will need to pick them up at the Bookstore at UWO.
- Where do I drop off my gown and hood?
- After the ceremony, please bring your gown and hood back to the Darryl J. King Student Life Centre.
- Why can I only have two tickets?
- Alumni Hall at UWO can only guarantee seats for two guests per graduate. The doors at Alumni Hall will open to other guests who do not have a ticket at 2:30 p.m. but only a limited number of guests will be able to be provided a seat.
- Do my all of my guests need Tickets for Convocation? Even small children?
- Tickets are not required for children who will be sitting on someone’s lap or be held. Small children who will require their own seat will require a ticket for the convocation ceremony.
You are entitled to two guest tickets for the Spring Convocation. Where applicable, a limited number of additional guest tickets may be available in the Registrar’s office.
The doors of Alumni Hall will be opened at 1:30pm for the 3:00pm ceremony. Tickets will be honored until 2:30 pm at which time any remaining seats will be available to those without tickets. Ushers will not permit seats to be held for late arriving guests.
After the Academic Procession has entered the auditorium, the doors will be closed and latecomers will be admitted only during appropriate pauses in the ceremony.
- What about my guests who do not have a ticket?
- The doors at Alumni Hall will open to other guests who do not have a ticket at 2:30 p.m. but only a limited number of guests will be able to be provided a seat. In order to accommodate all of our guests, King’s is hosting a live webcast of the entire ceremony in the Kenny Theatre. Your family and friends without a ticket are most welcome to join this live webcast.
- I am a graduate with a disability or special needs and will be attending my ceremony. Who should I call to make special arrangements if necessary?
- Candidates with disabilities - blind, wheelchair, crutches, or others needing assistance or requiring special arrangements for marshalling across the stage are asked to write to the Marshal of Convocation before June 1. Mail can be sent to the Marshal at:
Marshal of Convocation
c/o Convocation Board of Senate
Or email email@example.com, with the subject: Graduation Accessibility
- Additional FAQs - http://convocation.uwo.ca/FAQs.htm