If you are a student or parent/family of a King's student, and have questions not answered in the following FAQ, please email info@kings.uwo.ca.

You can also refer to the Western FAQ page for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions for Employees can be found here.

Updated: September 3, 2021

OR use filter:

Who does the vaccine policy apply to?

This policy applies to all students, employees and visitors of the university and its affiliated university colleges: King’s, Huron, and Brescia.

What happens if I refuse to get vaccinated or fail to comply with this policy?

Students who contravene the vaccination policy or who are found to have submitted fraudulent documentation or a fraudulent COVID-19 test result will be subject to discipline in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct. A student who is also an employee of the university will be subject to discipline both as a student and an employee.

Visitors and volunteers may be trespassed from the university for such duration as determined by the university.

Do I have to wear a mask in the classroom? (September 3, 2021)

Yes. Masking will still be required in the classroom and all common spaces including shared offices and meeting rooms. MLHU highly recommends continued use of triple layer non-medical masks. While in Step 3, physical distancing and capacity restrictions are still in in effect in all non-instructional spaces.  Please pay attention to posted capacity signage, and continue to socially distance by two meters. A mask can be removed during eating and drinking but must be put on as soon as eating or drinking is finished. The three-layered non-medical mask can be removed in a private office if the employee is the only occupant in the office and the door is closed. Employees must put on the three-layered non-medical mask when leaving the office or when having a visitor (not to exceed the maximum occupancy capacity of that office.

Where can I get a mask on campus?

They will also be available at Central Services, King's Connection, Academic Dean's Office, and at Security.

When do I have to be fully vaccinated by?

Individuals must receive their second dose no later than September 28, 2021, to be considered fully vaccinated by October 12, 2021.

What is considered acceptable proof of vaccination?

The COVID-19 vaccination receipt you were emailed from the Ontario Ministry of Health will serve as proof of vaccination.

How do I upload my proof of vaccination?

An email was sent to all students on August 26 with a customized link from Western University and the subject line “Action Required: COVID-19 Mandatory Proof of Vaccination Status”. All members of the Western community including students and employees of the affiliates must upload proof of vaccination by September 7. Those who have not provided proof that they are fully vaccinated have until October 12 to submit proof of full vaccination and will be required to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week in the interim to attend campus, with results submitted to the University. Individuals must receive their second dose no later than September 28, 2021, to be considered fully vaccinated by October 12, 2021.

Can I still apply for an exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code?

Only in rare circumstances may individuals be granted an exemption for medical reasons and grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code.  

Exemption requests can be made using the following fillable forms:

Completed student forms can be sent to vaxinfo@uwo.ca.

If I have further questions, who should I contact?

Students can contact the Dean of Students at acsd@kings.uwo.ca. They can also ask Joe Henry during Ask Dean Joe. 

If I am vaccinated, do I still need to wear a mask?

Yes –  Everyone is required to wear a triple layer non-medical masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.

For academic and non-academic employees, who require an accommodation with respect to masking as a result of a medical condition or other grounds protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, please contact Human Resources. If you are seeking an accommodation as a result of a medical condition, please have your health care provider complete our Functional Abilities Form. This must be submitted with your accommodation request to Human Resources.

What guidelines need to be followed for non-instructional space?

Non-instructional space – Step 3 guidelines (physical distancing & capacities) still apply to these (e.g. meeting rooms, office spaces, fitness facilities, dining areas.)

Can we use the Fitness Centre at King's?

The Fitness Centre is only open to residence students, bookable through this link.

Are we able to use the Games Room?

Yes, however the Games Room has capacity restrictions in place. Pool cues and other supplies are available in the KUCSC office (KC208) for sign out. All capacity limits for non-instructional spaces are posted in their respective spaces.

What measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of the campus community? 

The health and safety of our campus community is our top priority. To achieve this during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to implement some significant changes.

Those returning to campus will experience a new environment - additional signage, new rules regarding wearing of masks and regulations, and changes to our physical spaces. Things will look and feel a bit different. In some classrooms, plexiglass has been installed at the podiums to make lectures safer for the instructors and the students.

Rigourous cleaning schedules have been implemented across all spaces on campus.

Our students, faculty, and staff, are important partners in these efforts. When each of us adheres to these changes and follows the appropriate precautions, we make our entire community safer. 

Western has a COVID-19 testing centre on campus. Any registered student and current employee with an active Western username and password can book an appointment by using the online booking tool

I am concerned about ventilation and air quality. What is King’s doing in this regard?

King’s has undertaken a review of HVAC systems. The most current information is available here.

During the week of August 2, 2021, Jade Air Purifiers were delivered to classrooms across campus.

Each air purifier has five stages of filtration including hospital grade HEPA filtration (H13 or MERV 17) allowing for filtration of particles as small as viruses. They also contain a UV light that will inactivate viruses.  The Air Purifiers are very quiet and of compact size making them ideal for our classrooms.

Where do I complete my daily COVID screening? Do I have to fill it out each time I come to campus? 

All those coming to campus continue to be required to complete the ‘return to campus’ questionnaire each day.

When will administrative offices be open? (August 31, 2021)

All administrative services remain available, remotely or in-person, as appropriate. Please refer to the Hours of Operation page for current operating hours and availability of departments across campus. Faculty should contact their School Administrator or Administrative Assistant for specific information related to their departments.

Are students living in Residence required to be vaccinated before returning to campus?

Students living in residence will be asked to get vaccinated before their arrival – and those who can’t access the shot will have 14 days following their move-in date to get vaccinated on campus. Those, who for medical or other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code cannot be vaccinated, may request an accommodation.

I’m an international student. Where can I find information specifically for me?

International students can visit King’s International website for specific information and resources.

How can I access campus mental or physical health supports?

If you need support of any kind at any time, please contact Accessibility, Counselling and Students Development or The Office of Dean of Students.

What is happening with athletics and recreation?

For more information and updates on Western Campus Recreation, please visit the Western Campus Recreation website.  King’s Fitness Facilities in the SLC and sports fields will operate with restrictions.

How do I access King’s library services?

Please refer to the Library’s Covid-19 Updates page.

Will there be events and out of classroom experiences for all students?

A wide range of events and programming will be provided to students. This includes KUCSC Clubs, intramurals, special events and additional co-curricular programs.  All events will be subject to Step 3 capacity and social distancing requirements and masking.

I am living in residence.  Where can I find updated information?

Please refer to the Residence and Campus Life Office website. Additional information for residents will be sent to your UWO email.

Where can I find information about financial support?

Please review the money matters information on the King’s website.

What are the quarantine and testing requirements for students arriving in Canada from abroad? 

Please see the arrival information on the page for students arriving to Canada from abroad.

 I am not able to come to campus, but I am not unwell.  What should I do next?

If you are a student, please refer to your course outline for information on how to proceed.

Is Campus Ministry holding in-person events this year?

If circumstances allow, we would prefer to hold in-person rather than online events. We will continue with some online programming where it meets a need. Mass will be held according to current in-person gathering guidelines with live-streaming until COVID restrictions are over. For the most up-to-date information please visit the Campus Ministry page.