UPDATES - COVID-19
A Prayer During the COVID-19 Pandemic
by Father Michael Bechard
We approach you God, ever confident in Your compassionate mercy and protection.
At this time, we find ourselves walking in unknown lands
yet we trust that You continue to guide our paths.
Our needs are many.
In Your goodness, turn Your ear to us and hear our pleas.
Give strength to those caring for our sick.
Give wisdom to those searching for a cure.
Give courage to those labouring to meet our needs.
Grant healing to the sick.
Grant loving consolation to the frightened and weary.
During this time of fasting from the sacraments,
help us to find Your presence in other ways.
As we carry this cross, and wait patiently at the tomb,
keep us mindful of the resurrection.
May Your Son, the Great Physician and the Holy Spirit,
the Giver of Peace, come quickly to our aid.
The World Health Organization has declared the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus a pandemic. The situation is constantly developing and is having an impact on our liturgies and programming.
Following the announcements of Premier Ford and after consultation with Bishop Fabbro and the administration of Revera, we have begun reopening our parish for the celebration of the Eucharist.
Our new schedule will begin on Sunday, September 13, 2020 when masses will be celebrated on Sundays at 9 am, 11 am, 5 pm and Wednesdays at 7 pm. All of these celebrations will take place in The Chapel at Windermere on the Mount. We will offer Evening Prayer (Vespers) on-line at 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Seating is limited. Attendance at Mass will require registration each week through Eventbrite (REGISTER FOR MASS HERE) or by calling the office for assistance. This is necessary to ensure compliance with the 30% occupancy regulation and to notify those in attendance should a future outbreak occur. Once registered, please arrive early to check in.
We continue to suspend common meals, Daily Mass until further notice. Again, this will be assessed and updated.
The Office of Campus Ministry and Christ the King Parish are operating virtually until further notice. As we hold the community in prayer, we will try to respond to any pastoral needs and emergencies that present themselves.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed should there be any changes. The following information has been forwarded to those who have registered emails with us:
- ADVISORY - Liturgy and Program Changes
- Diocesan Update - March 17, 2020
- Bishop Fabbro Message about Covid-19 and Call to Prayer
- UPDATE - Liturgy and Programming - April 3, 2020
- Diocesan Update - May 21, 2020
- Diocesan Update - June 8, 2020
- Christ the King University Parish Reopening - June 17, 2020
Prayer and Reflection Resources
During this time, we want to offer you prayer resources to nourish your own personal prayer or to help pray with others in your home.
RESOURCES FOR THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION WITH GENERAL ABSOLUTION
- Letter from Bishop Fabbro on General Absolution
- Reflection by Pope Benedict XVI on Penance
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: A Theological and Pastoral Reflection (CCCB)
- Preparation Notes for the Rite of General Absolution
- Service of Penance and Reconciliation
PRAYING TOGETHER, PRAYING APART: At-Home Prayers for Times of Healing, Illness, and Death
- The COVID-19 virus forces us to grapple with a difficult reality. Amid self-isolation and “stay-at-home” orders, an increasing number of people are experiencing sickness and death separated from other people. This resource, prepared by Liturgical Press, strives to offer some concrete ways to pray, heal, and grieve together when we are physically apart.
- Click HERE to access the resource
SPANISH LANGUAGE PRAYER RESOURCES