UPDATES - COVID-19
A Prayer During the COVID-19 Pandemic
by Father Michael Bechard
We approach you God, ever confident in Your compassionate mercy and protection.
At this time, we find ourselves walking in unknown lands
yet we trust that You continue to guide our paths.
Our needs are many.
In Your goodness, turn Your ear to us and hear our pleas.
Give strength to those caring for our sick.
Give wisdom to those searching for a cure.
Give courage to those labouring to meet our needs.
Grant healing to the sick.
Grant loving consolation to the frightened and weary.
During this time of fasting from the sacraments,
help us to find Your presence in other ways.
As we carry this cross, and wait patiently at the tomb,
keep us mindful of the resurrection.
May Your Son, the Great Physician and the Holy Spirit,
the Giver of Peace, come quickly to our aid.
The World Health Organization has declared the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus a pandemic. The situation is constantly developing and is having an impact on our liturgies and programming.
Following the announcements of Premier Ford and after consultation with Bishop Fabbro and the administration of Revera, we will begin the process of reopening our parish for the celebration of the Eucharist on Sunday, June 28, 2020.
Two services of General Absolution will be celebrated on Saturday, June 27, 2020. One will be at 2:00 pm and one will be at 7:00 pm.
Seating is limited. Attendance at Mass will require registration each week through Eventbrite (REGISTER FOR MASS HERE) or by calling the office for assistance. This is necessary to ensure compliance with the 30% occupancy regulation and to notify those in attendance should a future outbreak occur. Once registered, please arrive early to check in.
We continue to suspend common meals, Daily Mass until further notice. Again, this will be assessed and updated.
The following programs and liturgies have been cancelled until further notice: "The Bigger Picture" Movie Night, Bible Study Group, Prayer with the Song of Taizé, Parents and Babies Group, children and family programming, Development and Peace Group, and our outreach program at the Hospitality Centre (for April).
We continue to provide pastoral counselling virtually. Please see the pastoral counselling webpage here to connect with our Pastoral Minister Deacon Jim Panchaud.
The Office of Campus Ministry and Christ the King Parish are operating virtually until further notice. As we hold the community in prayer, we will try to respond to any pastoral needs and emergencies that present themselves.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed should there be any changes. The following information has been forwarded to those who have registered emails with us:
- ADVISORY - Liturgy and Program Changes
- Diocesan Update - March 17, 2020
- Bishop Fabbro Message about Covid-19 and Call to Prayer
- UPDATE - Liturgy and Programming - April 3, 2020
- Diocesan Update - May 21, 2020
- Diocesan Update - June 8, 2020
- Christ the King University Parish Reopening - June 17, 2020
Prayer and Reflection Resources
During this time, we want to offer you prayer resources to nourish your own personal prayer or to help pray with others in your home.
SUNDAY CELEBRATION OF THE WORD
- Join us LIVE via Zoom on Sunday mornings at 11am as we break open the Word of God, led by members of our Pastoral Team. Click HERE to register you will receive an e-mail with the meeting link and instructions.
- Sunday Celebration of the Word for the Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time (June 21, 2020):
PRAYING WITH THE WORD: REFLECTING ON SUNDAY READINGS FROM KING'S CAMPUS MINISTRY
- Praying with the Word of God - Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
RESOURCES FOR THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION WITH GENERAL ABSOLUTION
- Letter from Bishop Fabbro on General Absolution
- Reflection by Pope Benedict XVI on Penance
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: A Theological and Pastoral Reflection (CCCB)
- Preparation Notes for the Rite of General Absolution
- Service of Penance and Reconciliation
PRAYING TOGETHER, PRAYING APART: At-Home Prayers for Times of Healing, Illness, and Death
- The COVID-19 virus forces us to grapple with a difficult reality. Amid self-isolation and “stay-at-home” orders, an increasing number of people are experiencing sickness and death separated from other people. This resource, prepared by Liturgical Press, strives to offer some concrete ways to pray, heal, and grieve together when we are physically apart.
- Click HERE to access the resource
SPANISH LANGUAGE PRAYER RESOURCES
Live Daily Prayer
Join us live Wednesdays at 12 noon (Eastern Time) on our Facebook page as one of our Campus Ministry team members leads us in daily prayer.
Download today's prayer booklet (courtesy of eBreviary.com) Alternatively you can see the pdf for each day below:
Virtual Scripture Study
We are offering scripture study of The First Letter of John, “Walking in the Light,” in a video conferencing format, and all are welcome to join. This will be an opportunity to study this inspiring New Testament book together in real time. These sessions take place TUESDAYS 7PM-8PM and are facilitated by Kerry Wilson. To take part, please send an e-mail to Lisa Caeiro at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Scripture Study" and give your preferred e-mail address. She will then e-mail you the video conference information as well as a copy of the handout each week.