The King’s University College Alumni Association administers two awards annually that recognize the achievements, dedication and community service of deserving alumni.
There are many talented King’s alumni who deserve to be recognized for their outstanding achievements. If you know a King’s graduate whose contributions enhance his or her community and who is an inspiration to those who know them, please take a few minutes to submit a nomination and send it to email@example.com.
The Alumni Award of Distinction recognizes a King’s graduate who is an inspiration to others, has made a significant contribution to the community or society, or one who has reached a high level of accomplishment in his or her field.
The Young Alumni Award goes to a King’s graduate under the age of 35 who has graduated in the last 15 years. The award recognizes outstanding achievements which have earned regional, national or international recognition in such areas as:
- service to humanity
- professional accomplishment
- community service
- the advancement of knowledge, or
- service to King’s University College
To be eligible for the Alumni Award of Distinction or Young Alumni Award, the nominee:
- must be a graduate of King’s University College, London, Ontario
- must consent to the nomination
- must be available to attend Homecoming festivities when the award will be presented
- must not be a current King’s University Alumni Board Member
Putting forward a nomination
- To nominate a graduate for an award, please submit a personal letter of support explaining why you think your nominee should be recognized. The letter should address the accomplishments of the nominee.
- Alumni may be nominated posthumously, in which case a representative can accept the award.
- Self-nominations will be accepted with a written letter of support from someone known to the nominee.
- The Award Selection Committee, made up of members of the King’s Alumni Board, will review and grade nominations.
- One recipient for each award shall be chosen. However, in exceptional circumstances two recipients will be considered.
- Nominations will stand for 36 months.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
Closing Date for Nominations: June 1
Please send your nomination to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
King’s University College Office of Alumni Affairs, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario N6A 2M3