King's University College welcomes Consul General of India
June 6, 2019
King’s University College was pleased to welcome to campus Mr. Dinesh Bhatia, Consul General of India, on June 5, 2019.
Mr. Bhatia was at King’s to attend the London Economic Development Corporation’s (LEDC) event “Doing Business with India” in the Vitali Student Lounge. Mr. Bhatia made a presentation on Indo-Canadian relations, which was followed by a Q&A session with those in attendance, including:
- Ed Holder, Mayor of London
- Joseph Selvaraj Savier, President and CEO, SBI Canada Bank
- Tony Coulthard, Senior Vice President, Legal & Corporate Secretary, ICICI Bank Canada
- Vivek Kawley, Director of Human Resources, Tata Consultancy Services Canada
- Kasi Rao, President and CEO, Canada-India Business Council
- Kapil Lakhotia, BA ’02 (Economics), President and CEO, The London Economic Development Corporation
Following the LEDC event, Mr. Bhatia attended a reception to meet with King’s senior administration, faculty, students and staff, including those in our community originally from India. He interacted with international students and presented a gift to King’s, accepted by Marilyn Mason, Vice-Principal, Enrolment Services and Strategic Partnerships.
King’s has a long history of welcoming students, faculty and staff from India dating back to 2005. Currently, King’s has 67 students attending from India. To learn more about our Indian students, you can visit our King’s University College - India Facebook page.
King’s has partnerships with many universities in India, including:
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Chitkara University, Chandigarh
- Flame University, Pune
- IILM Institute for Higher Education, Greater Noida
- KES Shroff College at Mumbai University, Mumbai
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar City
- Noida International University, Noida
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipar
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
Mr. Bhatia assumed the charge of Consul General of India, Toronto on March 9, 2016. Prior to his current post, he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of India to Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea and Liberia with residence in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. For Mr. Bhatia’s full biography, please visit https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/eoi.php?id=Ambassador.